Monday, April 4, 2011

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

Men.

They drive me insane. The one thing I can't understand is why it's SO hard to just man the hell up and say "Sorry, this isn't going to work out" or "I'm not interested anymore" instead of "...." nothing. Really annoys me more than anything about them.

I seriously don't know where all the good guys went. All the guys I've been meeting are the ones that give the good ones and guys in general the bad rep of SUCKING.

I just want to be in a happy, healthy relationship for once! I'm not looking for marriage asap, but I'd like to see it happen sometime in my future. I have sex, but not the boyfriend and a close friend has the boyfriend but not the sex (plus a whole 'nother set of drama, but we won't get into that as it's her thing and it would be bad of me to write shit here). I think I just need to stop trying and looking and just let life play itself out. I even went as far as trying eHarmony, since 2 of my close friends found good guys on there. Well, I started in December. Like, the 11th. A couple days went by with no matches, or no suitable ones for me anyways. Then like the 18th or so, I was matched with Nick. We'd been emailing back and forth a little- his pics were iffy to me, so I wasn't sure if I'd be attracted to him or not. Well then we exchanged phone numbers and started texting a day or two before New Year's Eve. We decided to go on a date, since I had no plans and he didn't yet. We knew it was a little unconventional and weird having the first date and meeting on New Year's Eve, but we went with it anyways. We decided to drive separately (I decided, incase he was a total nutcase, weirdo, or if it ended up being weird and uncomforable) and then were going to see if it went well whether or not to spend the rest of the evening together. Well dinner was nice, he wasn't the hottest or cutest guy around, but he was cute enough and super sweet so that made my mind up to hang out more for the evening. We went to this old people bar... literally, all old peeps that were veterans and whatnot, since he's an ex-army dude. So, we sat there, having a few drinks getting to know each other and his friends. We're cuddling and whatnot, midnight rolls around and I FINALLY get my New Year's kiss that I had been waiting for.
First time that the new year started with a bang... or started nicely. He kept saying "This will be a great year." and things along those lines.... well speed along for 2 months, we got to know each other sorta well, spent a lot of time together, then, start of February, I got sick for a week- less time together, then he got sick the week after= even less time together. Things started getting awkward. V-day rolls around and I'm not feeling it aaaaaaat all, until he texts me saying "I've got a surprise for you." Ladies, you allll know you all get excited and giddy and wonder what it is whenever a guy says that. You get your hopes up even though you're trying not to be too crazy.. well I did. I didn't get him anything so when he said that, I felt bad, and then ended up buying him a $50 pair of Harley-Davidson leather gloves (he was a biker). I go to his house and SURPRISE. I shitty box of Russell Stover (in my opinion the crappiest chocolate there is) and a shitty teddy bear. I can't lie, I was pretty upset, but I played it off cool because he did let me borrow his car for like a month.
Well, Valentine's day ended up being the last time I actually saw him. His last words? "Sorry, I'm just going through a weird time right now."

Yeah, that was fucking lovely.

Before Nick, there was Alex.... and oh boy, was he wonderful. Dated him for 5 and a half months, waiting for him to be ready for a relationship, only to be screwed over by him telling me he has a gf. Thanks dbag.

Well, after Nick, my friends convinced me to stay on eHarmony. A month of shitty matches and I get matched with Ash. And he was pretty cute. Emailed each other back and forth, then we met, and he was definitely one of my hotter guys I've dated/whatever.
We first met exactly a week ago today, and I think it's over. Hah. Another one who just ignores texts and shit. I honestly don't know why it's SO HARD to just text back and say it's not working, instead of leaving me out, pondering what it was I did or didn't do this time. At least with him, I hadn't wasted too much of my time on him.

I'm thinking I'm done with eHarmony.... I just don't want to try or even bother anymore. It's just annoying now.

And here's a song to finish up the whole thing. "It's a man's world" Glee version.

2 comments:

  1. Take time away from it all, say fuck it. It could be worse, you could be with someone and sometimes feel more alone than if you were single. That's not much better of a feeling to be honest. Not to mention you are better and deserve more than that! You are beautiful and a great person, and a great friend. If they can't see it well fuck them, they don't deserve you!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

    For you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! I know. I'm ready to just let life play its course and see what it's got in store for me. I feel like being on a dating site is like messing with fate or something, if that makes sense?

    And I love that song =)

    ReplyDelete